Captains Canal Park Suite
About Captain's Canal Park
Make some great vacation memories when you stay at Captains Canal Park Suite in this historic brick hotel in Duluth, Minnesota's Canal Park. Built in 1889, Captains Canal Park Suite offers all of the classic charms of old Canal Park with its comforts of high quality, modern interior. A well-equipped kitchen, with top of the line full-sized stainless steel appliances, offers you the perfect place for in-room meals.
On the days you don’t feel like heading out, navigate your crew down to the indoor pool, hot tub, wading pool, and fitness center.
Amenities like Wi-Fi internet and Satellite TV will keep you connected on your vacation, then end your day relaxing by the beautiful gas fireplace. Finally, settle in for a comfortable night’s sleep in the master bedroom with a king bed and guest room with two full beds. So whether you are on a romantic getaway, friends' weekend, family adventure, or business trip, this well-appointed, newly redecorated suite is the perfect place for any vacation.
Please Note: Due to Covid-19 Cascade Vacation Rentals can not guarantee that any community amenities such as pool, hot tubs and/or saunas will be available for use during your stay. Each company and association has the discretion to close these amenities at any given time without notice. We will do our best to inform you of changes but we advise you to check back prior to arrival.
- Master Bedroom - King Bed with Pillow Top - View of the William A Irvin
- Guest Bedroom - 2 Full Beds
- Living Room - Queen Sofa Sleeper
- Master Bathroom - Walk-in Shower
- Guest Bathroom - Shower and Tub
- There are accessible parking spots behind The Suites Hotel and in the surrounding area.
- The Suites Hotel has an accessible back entry with a ramp leading to elevators.
- This is a one-level unit.
- There is hardwood-style tile throughout except for the guest bedroom which has thin carpeting.
- All doorways are wide.
- Living room furniture may need to be moved/rearranged to allow passthrough to the bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Both bedrooms are large enough that at least one side of each bed should be accessible.
- The guest bathroom has a tub with a plastic support bar, no seat.
- The master bedroom has a walk-in shower, no seat.
- Other amenities within the building may not be accessible.
If you have questions about accessibility please call us at (833) 834-0631 and we will be happy to investigate other concerns you may have.
You can’t beat this location, just moments away from the Great Lakes Aquarium, Duluth Entertainment, and Convention Center, Maritime Museum, Bayfront Festival Park and Playground, North Shore Scenic Railroad, Amsoil Arena, Duluth 10 and IMAX Theaters, plus numerous boutiques, offering unique gifts and window shopping. There is also a smorgasbord of dining options, too! From corner cafes with live music to fine Italian dining. This is a great location to attend or participate in events like Grandma's Marathon, North Shore Inline Marathon, or Bayfront Blues Festival.
From your Captain’s Suite master bedroom you will have a view of the William A. Irving Ore Boat, a historic fixture in Canal Park. The William A. Irving is available for tours, including a special haunted ship tour in late October. You can also charter a boat for some fishing on Lake Superior with Duluth Charters, launching from the harbor just a short stroll away. Experience an awesome sight as you watch a large ship come into the harbor through the world-renowned Aerial Lift Bridge.
- Fire Extinguisher
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Smoke Detector
- Small Amenity Shampoos and Soaps
- Kitchen - Dishes, Pots, Flatware Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Cable/Satellite TV
- Granite Countertops
- Air Conditioner
- Resort Pool
- Resort Hot Tub
- Resort Sauna
- Fireplace - Gas
- Stainless Steel Appliances
- Resort Fitness Center
- Luxury Home
- Wheelchair/Walker Accessible (See Overview for Details)
- Bathroom Essentials
- Private Entry
- Lake Superior
- Lake Access - Easy
- Lake Superior Views
- Road to Property and Driveway May Be Icy in Winter Season
- Near Downtown
- In Canal Park
Thank you for submitting your review. It will be processed shortly!