About Superior Escape
Do you like Tiny Homes? Hop on board with the Tiny House craze and book your stay at Superior Escape in Tofte, Minnesota! This tiny home offers big adventure on Lake Superior's North Shore. Located a short walk from Tofte Park, a public boat launch, and a beach area. This home sits on a 4-acre wooded parcel with no visible neighbors. You will feel like you are in the middle of nowhere without having to drive there.
Superior Escape is a darling one bedroom, one bathroom tiny home built by Escape Traveler- an elite tiny home company that has been featured nationally on HGTV and other television shows. Superior Escape is the first Escape Traveler Tiny Home located in Minnesota and takes some inspiration from the designs of Frank Lloyd Wright! The home features a full kitchen with full-sized appliances, a dining area with room to seat four guests, and a cozy living room with a gas fireplace and smart TV.
Although it's a tiny home, the layout and use of space make the home feel spacious with room to unpack your belongings and enjoy your stay. An on-demand water heater ensures that you will never run out of hot water. Although not directly on the lake, you are close enough to hear the waves splashing against the shoreline. Open your windows in the summer and enjoy the sounds of the Lake. We recommend Superior Escape in Tofte for a couple or a family. There is only one bed and the other two sleeping areas are futons in the living room area. There is limited privacy and space may be a bit tight for 4 adults. This home also has some ADA-compliant features including an exterior ramp and shower with a seat that would make it a nice property for someone with a walker/cane or other mobility issues.
Allergy Warning: Guests with pet allergies should be aware that while this property is NOT a pet-friendly rental, the owner has a pet and there may be some hair/dander present.
- Bedroom – Queen Sleep Number Bed
- Living Room – Full Futon and Twin Futon
- Bathroom – Walk-in Shower with Seat
- This home has an ADA-compliant ramp leading from the parking area to the front door.
- The parking area is not paved but is usually compact gravel.
- The entire home is located on one level
- The narrow hallways may not be accessible for all, please see photos or call for more details.
- The bedroom may be too tight for all, please see photos or call for more details.
- The walk-in shower has a wide door and a shower seat.
- There is a small ledge about chest height and an interior towel bar that may be used for support. Please see the photos for details.
If you have questions about accessibility please call us at (833) 834-0631 and we will be happy to investigate other concerns you may have.
Superior Escape in Tofte is a great home base for many North Shore adventures. In the summer months, you are just a short drive away from miles of hiking and biking trails, including the Gitchi Gami bike trail and Temperance River State Park. In addition, you are just 10 minutes from the Superior National at Lutsen Golf Course. Head inland to the Carlton Peak area in the fall to take in the beauty of leaf change season on the North Shore. In the winter months, you are just a 10-mile drive from the Lutsen Mountains Ski Area (also a great summer destination with an alpine slide and sightseeing gondola and have easy access to miles of snowmobile trails (plus plenty of room for a trailer).
Adventures Await! In the spring, a short drive to any of the area state parks will bring you to amazing waterfalls that truly come to life during the "waterfall season" every spring. Looking for more adventures? Visit Sawtooth Outfitters for ideas of where to go, what to do, and to rent the gear you need to do it- you're within easy walking distance! If you are craving a bite to eat take a short stroll to the Bluefin Grill or CoHo Cafe. Many other dining options are just a short drive up the shore in Lutsen. Take a day trip up to Grand Marais, 30 miles up the shore, for a day of shopping and dining at this quaint lakeside town. You can also just stay home and enjoy the 4-acre property and close proximity to Tofte Park. The home is bright and welcoming, you may not want to leave once you arrive!
- Fire Extinguisher
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Smoke Detector
- Small Amenity Shampoos and Soaps
- Kitchen - Dishes, Pots, Flatware Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Cable/Satellite TV
- Granite Countertops
- Smart TV - No Services Provided
- Air Conditioner
- Fireplace - Gas
- Stainless Steel Appliances
- Due to COVID-19 Staffing Issues: Linens Are No Longer Provided.
- Wheelchair/Walker Accessible (See Overview for Details)
- Bathroom Essentials
- Private Entry
- Fire Pit
- Lake Superior Views
- 4-Wheel Drive Recommended in Winter
- Road to Property and Driveway May Be Icy in Winter Season
- Near Lutsen Mountains
- Near State Parks
- On Tofte Park Road
- Near Snowmobile Trails
Thank you for submitting your review. It will be processed shortly!